Roasted Cauliflower Tagine
Serves 4 //10 minutes to prep //35 minutes to cook
What you'll need:
- Olive Oil
- Rose Harissa Paste
- 1 Carrot - finely sliced
- 2 red onions - finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves - finely sliced
- 400g tin chopped Tomatoes
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 2 cup fulls of Pearl Barley, Rinsed and cooked with 2 parts water for every 1 part Pearl Barley
- Top with soy yoghurt
- Top with coriander
- Top with Almonds
- Top with chopped Apricots
- Serve with home made hummus
- Preheat oven to 220'c /Fan 200c. Toss Cauliflower with 1/2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp of Rose Harissa Paste and roast for 25 minutes until golden. Keep checking on it.
- Meanwhile add 1/2 tbsp of oil to large pan. Add onions, carrot, garlic and cook for 5 minutes then add 1/2 tbsp of harissa paste and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and 200ml of boiling water. Stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile cook Pearl Barley. Follow cooking instructions on packet
- Remove tagine from heat.
- Take out cauliflower from oven
- Divide sauce between dishes and top with Cauliflower and additional fancy bits if you have time.