Lavender is an incredibly versatile and ever popular essential oil. Its calming fragrance is renowned for its ability to instantly relax, calm and promote restful sleep routines.
A heady, purple flower that blooms at its best in sunny and open environments and valued for its gentle, sweet and aromatic scent. There are 47 known species of lavender (or lavandula) which have been used in healing and relaxation treatments for centuries.
One of the many reasons its used widely in Aromatherapy is not only its ability to blend well with oils but its incredible healing and therapeutic properties which are wide ranging.
Our beautiful, healing Lavender found in Provence, France is harvested in Midsummer and left to dry for a few days to maximise the aroma then distilled.
5 Benefits of Lavender:
1) Deeply relaxing, Lavender helps reduce levels of anxiety
2) Lavender is softening and conditioning for all skin types
3) Lavender is a mild analgesic which helps to ease headaches and achy muscles
4) Lavender is naturally antibacterial and naturally deodorises the air, wonderful in a Room Diffuser or Atmosphere Mist.
5) Lavender is known as a sleepy oil. Research shows that rather than directly affecting the quality of sleep itself, the key effects of herbal fragrances like lavender help to actively reduce stress levels and anxiety and therefore relaxing people enough for them to sleep much better.