What I love most about this Risotto is its abit of a show stopper and in small portions makes an amazing starter for a dinner party. I served this on Christmas Day and everybody loved it. However, usually its a go-to mid week warmer.
- Preparation time:15 minutes
- Cooking time:40 minutes
- Total time:55 minutes
Serves: 4 or 12 in small starter portions.
1 tbsp olive oil
30g unsalted butter
3 courgettes (about 600g) cut into moons
3 leeks, trimmed, halved and finely sliced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
300g Risotto rice
175ml white wine
1¼ litres Vegetable Stock
2 cups of Garden Peas
2 lemons for zest and juice - add as much as you can
15g parmigiano reggiano, finely grated, plus 5g to serve - if you want to make it vegetarian/vegan replace with vegan cheese
4 handfuls wild rocket
1. Heat ½ tbsp oil and 15g butter in a large frying pan. Add the courgettes moons, season with black pepper and salt, and fry over a low heat for about 15 minutes, until just golden; set aside.
2. Heat the remaining oil and butter in a large pan. Sweat the leeks and celery with a pinch of salt over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Keep checking on them. Add the risotto rice, stir for 2 minutes; pour in the white wine gradually and stir until absorbed.
3. Add 2 large spoons of stock to the rice and stir until absorbed. Keep adding the stock like this until the rice is al dente (16-18 minutes). Addo the courgette, peas, lemon zest and juice, and cheese; remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 2-3 minutes.
4. Divide between plates and top with the rocket and the 5g grated cheese. Enjoy.