Demystifying all secrets to achieving the perfect burn for your incredible aromatherapy candle.
You've invested in a beautiful, all natural aromatherapy candle made by hand using traditional artisan methods. Hand poured in recycled glass and created with all natural sustainable, UK made and manufactured creamy soy wax that is biodegradable and blended with therapeutic essential oils for not only a beautifully smelling candle but one that provides wellbeing benefits. Plus its safe and toxin free. Now lets ensure you get the most from your candle.
1) The first burn is key. Always burn your candle for at least 2-3 hours or to allow the melt pool to reach all edges of the candle. This avoids a ‘tunnel’ effect running down the centre of your candle. This can be common with soy candles if burnt incorrectly.
2) Remove the tip of the wick in between each burn and ensure the wick is 5mm. Sometimes a small flowering shape might appear, this is completely normal. Due to the natural nature of our candles, we advise that you gently remove the small petals and trim your wick using a wick trimming tool that may have formed rather than trimming the length of the wick.Treat yourself to a wick trimmer, it makes the above process much easier and mess-free.
3) Avoid placing your candle in a draughty area or warm area whilst lit such as near windowsills or radiators. This will cause the flame to consume the wax at a faster rate, meaning your candle won’t burn for as long as intended.
4) Don’t burn for longer than 4 hours at a time, this causes that glass to get too hot.
5) We don't recommend blowing out your candle. This will cause more smoke than necessary and will affect the beautiful aromatherapy scent that’s diffused throughout your space. We suggest to invest in one our candle snuffers to extinguish the flame gently. This will also coat the wick in a fresh layer of natural soy wax, prepping it perfectly for the next burn.
6) Reuse you candle jar. You can pour boiling water into the jar then scrape out the remaining wax. Or place the glass in the freezer overnight; the cold causes the wax to expand so that any leftovers will pop out easily from the jar. The jar then becomes a beautiful container for stationary, flowers, hair care accessories, make up brushes.